Dental Care and Toothbrush in Dogs

Best

Brushing your dog's teeth regularly protects him from mouth and dental diseases and prevents the spread of bacteria to his body. Thanks to dog mouth and dental care products specially formulated for dogs, it is prevented in undesirable situations such as plaque, tartar and caries.

When it comes to dog dental care, the good news is that dog teeth are not as sensitive and flimsy as in humans. However, "The mouth of the dogs is more hygienic and cleaner than the human mouth." Despite the perception, it has been observed that dogs also need oral and dental care at regular intervals.

In order to prevent tartar and plaque formation, to prevent the yellowing of the teeth and to prevent bad breath, it is important to regularly care for your dog.

How can i brush my dog's teeth?

If your dog can brush his own teeth, we recommend that you stop reading this article and start making money by uploading your dog's video to YouTube as soon as possible.

Jokes aside, although dogs are inherently inclined to clean themselves like all other animals, they sometimes need the support of their owners in dental care; especially when it comes to brushing teeth. It is possible to facilitate this process with a toothbrush specially designed for your dog and a special dog toothpaste.

Of course, your little friend will not look hot at brushing your teeth in the first place, but both of you can get used to this process over time. To brush your dog's teeth, you should preferably choose after an activity session, where you exercise a lot, thereby bringing it to a moment where it will be tired and relatively inactive. After the brushing session is over, you should reward him with a good reward food for this experience to be a positive moment for your dog.

If you have a puppy, it is useful to instill the brushing habit in it from the first months.

How do i pick the right toothpaste for my dog?

The most important thing at this point is that you should never use toothpastes made for humans. Most toothpastes contain fluoride, which is seriously toxic to dogs, which causes stomach poisoning in your dog.

You can find a toothpaste produced specifically for your dog in your vet's clinic, petshops, or some pharmacies.

What can i do to keep my dog's teeth healthy?

If you want your dog's teeth to be healthier, stronger and stronger, there are things you can do as a dog owner too. Here are some of them:

If you already have a dog with sensitive teeth, you can have it fed with dry food instead of wet food. While the wet food is more adhering to the teeth, the dry food is in a structure that does not harm your teeth.

Use chewing toys to clean teeth and keep them stronger. Thanks to these toys, the pockets become stronger and provide more efficient functionality in terms of both mouth and jaw grip.

Regularly check your dog's teeth and mouth structure. The gums should be in a healthy pinkish tone, and all the teeth should be in place and in a solid position. Red or white teeth or shaky teeth may indicate an unhealthy mouth structure.

If your dog does not allow you to brush your teeth in any way, you can use special dog wipes, which you can also find in petshops, and remove the plaque that accumulates on the tooth layer.

When should I apply to the vet?

If you experience any of the following symptoms, it is time to show your dog to a veterinarian:

• Bad breath
  • Changes in eating or chewing habits
  • Your dog's mouth or face bursting
  • Depression
  • Excessive drooling
  • Missing or swaying teeth
  • Discolored, broken or crooked teeth
  • Red, swollen or bleeding gums
  • Formation of a yellowish-brown tartar on the gum line
  • Sores or swelling in the mouth